Why be IBDM Certified?
Distinguish yourself from the crowd
It’s no longer enough to simply claim expertise as an digital marketer. Clients and employers know that they are best served by digital marketers whose skills and knowledge are current and up to date.
One way that digital marketers stay current is through ongoing professional education, and active participation in digital marketing industry groups and events. IBDM Certification verifies our members’ dedication to such professional standard and development, helping digital marketers to distinguish themselves in a crowded marketplace, and clients to make informed decisions.
IBDM Board Certification
International Board Certified Digital Marketer (IBCDM)
International Board Certified Search Engine Marketer (IBCSEM)
International Board Certified Social Media Marketer (IBCSM)
International Board Certified Mobile Marketer (IBCMM)
International Board Certified Digital Strategist (IBCDS)
Who should apply?
Experienced digital marketer who have met the international board certified requirements below and have made a commitment to ongoing professional development
International board certified requirements
1. Passing score of the IBDM board written certified exam in the field that you apply for (Passing score of the written certified exam is effective for 3 years. The candidate have to apply to be international board certified within 3 years from the passing date). The written certified exam is proctored online, so there's no need to travel or wait.
2. Supported documents for at least 1,000 hours of experience in the field.
3. Evidence of attending 30 hours of Continuous Education within the last 2 years in the related field you apply for
How to apply?
1. Apply for the IBDM written certified exam
If your goal is the apply for your international board certified requirement, be sure you have the necessary qualifications for education and experience (or course work) within 3 years after passing the written certifed exam. The exam fee is USD 380 (Non-refundable) + Tax
The written certified exam is proctored online, so there's no need to travel or wait. Once you have completed the written certified exam, you have to apply for your international board certification for final approve of your certification.
2. Apply for your international board certification Status
Once you have fullfiled the requirements, you are ready to apply for the international board certification in your field. The application fee is USD 480 (Non-refundable) + Tax
There are 2 options to recertify your board certified status every 2 year (USD 180 Recertification fee)
1. Recertification by continuous education
Evidence of attending 30 hours of Continuous Education within the last 2 years in the related field your certification
2. Recertification by examination
Taking the 1-hour recertification exam